Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day




Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. I am spending today here in Houston with Karly while Mom spends today with Lexie in Seminole.

Karly's blood counts were up, way up, on Friday so we were able to stop the injections. I was giving her Neupogen injections. Neuogen increases the white blood cells and as we all remember from science class :) white blood cells help the body fight off infections. She will not go back to the doctor until Thursday. She will be admitted that day and she will receive chemo for 5 days.

As I said before, she starts school in the morning, I was so worried about her going. I asked her, "Karly, will you be ok without me?" She just gave me a look and said, "Mom, I'll be at the hospital, where better could I be?" I couldn't argue with that.

I can never say THANK YOU enough for all the kind things people continue to do for us, not just me and Karly but the rest of my family & Kenneth's family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/karly

No comments:

Post a Comment