Sunday, November 8, 2009

I just wanted to updated even though there really is not much to update. Karly is feeling fine and she does not go back to the clinic until Tuesday. IF her blood results come back good she will start chemo on Tuesday but if not we will try for Thursday.

For those of you that did not get to see the Seminole Sentinel, Karly was on the front page. The SHS chapter of the National Honor Society, conducted a "servant auction" as a fundraiser for Karly. Twenty-six SHS students and 6 faculty members participated in the auction. We are so blessed to be a part of such a great community! Thank you to all of you who participated in some way, whether it was putting it together, working, buying or being auctioned.

Now....I have to rant a little bit!
After 2 weeks of fighting with Bellaire High School I finally had all the correct papers and was able to enroll Karly in school(at the beginning of the school yr). I was told then that it would probably take 6-8 weeks for them to get the home bound assignment set up, and get a teacher out to Karly. I talked to the school liaison at MDACC about this time period and she said that was normal. She also told me they are trying to get HISD to speed this process up because 6-8 weeks is too long before a child is provided services. I gave the school 4 weeks and then I started calling and emailing them. They finally sent a teacher out 8 weeks after school had started. Needless to say he brought TONS of work. Karly has been working her tail off trying to get it all done. I am talking about work from August until now! Then on Friday, I go to the mailbox and there was a letter from one of the Harris County Justice of the Peace requiring Karly and I to appear before him because Karly has been truant from school! I am so ANGRY! The school makes me jump through hoops, questions her doctors 2 times to make sure she is really sick and then takes 8 weeks to send a teacher out and then they report her TRUANT! Are they kidding me?!?
If they are sending a home bound teacher out don't they know she is not going to be present at the school campus?

No comments:

Post a Comment