Thursday, November 5, 2009

What a day...I have been meaning to update all evening but the shooting at Fort Hood was so heartbreaking and shocking I couldn't focus my mind on typing until now. Pray for all of the families involved. God bless our troops!

Karly's blood counts are very S-L-O-W-L-Y starting to go up. They are still low but she is out of the danger zone with her white blood count and her platelets are also increasing. Dr. Herzog did put her on a prescription to prevent infection just to be on the safe side. It is possible that she could do chemo on Tuesday, November 10 but it will probably be Thursday, November 12. Karly's poor veins need a rest from all the blood draws. She will have 4 full days off because we don't go back until Tuesday.

I know some of you read the story about Daniel Porras from Sudan, Tx that I posted the link to on my previous post. I am asking you to please pray for him and his family. Daniel received some devastating news today and needs prayers. I know we have the most amazing prayer warriors reading this and I ask you to lift him and his family up in prayer. We had an instant connection with Daniel and his family since we are all West Texans.

Please take the time to go donate blood. Not only will it help all these sick kids here but also all the injured at Fort Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment