Monday, October 26, 2009

12 cycles of chemo down and only 2 more to go!

Karly finished up chemo cycle #12 on Sunday. We went in to the hospital to have everything taken off and her port disconnected Sunday afternoon. I cannot understand why the people in the other parts of the hospital freak out over pediatric patients. Karly is the same size as alot of adult patients but they still act so silly. What usually takes the nurses in the pedi clinic 2 minutes to do (seriously) took 2 nurses 15 minutes to do.

Karly had radiation treatment #26, she will be finished with radiation on Monday, November 2! She also had lab work done today. While we were in the clinic the nurse told me she was going to teach me to disconnect Karly's port this week. WHAT?!? Are they crazy? I have given her over 70 shots but I do not think that qualifies me for anything else.

Karen posted and said that her and Keaton made it to the Philippines. Please continue to pray for them as they are on a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment