Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 4 in Houston

Karly had blood drawn, pelvic xrays, chest xrays, met with the doctor performing the biopsy and with anesthesia all before 1:00pm today. It was a busy morning but everything is set up for the biopsy tomorrow. We feel very comfortable with everything that is going to take place in the morning. All the doctors, physicians assistants and nurses are very caring and made sure Karly felt comfortable about the procedure.

We are to be at the hospital at 8am. It isn't anything like what we are use to at home. Her blood work and her IV are done in the pediatric clinic, and then we will go to the procedure area. I told Karly I want the nurses in the pedi clinic to draw my blood next time I have to have to done, they are AWESOME!! The biopsy is scheduled for 11am and we were told it would last 1-1 1/2hr, after that she will be in recovery for about 2 hours. She is also scheduled for another MRI tomorrow evening at 6pm.

We are so thankful for all the prayers for both Karly and Mom. Mom's angiogram today came out GREAT, no blockage! :)

My baby girl, Lexie, is having a very hard time with Karly and I being gone. Karly and I miss her ALOT but she is with Nanny & Pa, so we know she is just fine. My sweet nephew, Brian, is taking care of all our animals, and that is not an easy job!

I will update as soon as I can tomorrow.

www.childrensartproject.org

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in on yall. Wanted you to know that me, mom and Jamie are thinking about yall. Glad to hear about your mom's news, I know it helps to get that over with. Tell Karly good luck tomorrow and let us know when you can. Love ya, Amy

    ReplyDelete