Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 5 @ MDA

Without a doubt this is the worst day of my life. My "little" girl Karly did not receive the results we wanted. The mass is cancer and she will begin chemo a week from Monday. The doctor said possible Ewing's Sarcoma but will not be sure on the type until the rest of the results from the biopsy come back. We are crushed and very worried about Karly. Her dad and I had already come to an agreement that if it was cancer we were staying here at MD Anderson, so that is what we will do.

Karly and I will go home in the morning and then we will fly back Tuesday evening. Next week she will have more tests, bone marrow, CT Scan, bone scan, etc. On Monday, the 27th, she will have her port put in and begin chemo. We are going to look into finding a more permanent place to stay here in Houston.

4 comments:

  1. Candi, we are so sorry to hear the news about Karly. If you need anything just holler.
    Please be safe during all your travels to and from. You are going to get through this, look at the people we know that have overcome and come out on top. God will not leave Karly's side.

    God Bless......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candi, I am sooo sorry. I was expecting to get home today and find good news. I dont know what to say. I am praying for yall. Please let us know what we can do. Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Candi. I just want you to know that I am going to begin praying for you and Karly. I'm so sorry for this news.
    Sending many prayers your way,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete